Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Epic 580

Well this summer's rodwork has been going a little slow. Here's a sweet Epic 580 olive I've recently finished for a fisherman in Wyoming. Appointed with my Lemke signature radiused style reel seat and a gorgeous piece of maple burl wood, medium green silk wraps tipped in white, all bright hardware and mildrum type stripping guide. Also features aligment dots that are very visible and easy to align. This is "that kind of rod" that's worth waiting for.

After receiving his rod, Brett wrote:

"George, 

I picked up the rod today and it's everything I had asked for, along with your outstanding skills with wraps and epoxy. And the wood... that's gotta be the nicest reel seat I've ever seen. I've owned quite a few beautiful rods, but this one tops them all. I'm glad we went with a very similar color scheme for the wraps. It looks simple and elegant. The whole rod has a sense of unity. 

It feels about half the weight of my Tom Morgan 5wt. That's a very good thing. I won't likely have time to play with it until the weekend, but first impression is that it's well worth the wait. And thanks for getting it to me with a week to spare before my trip!

Keep a record of this build. I might want you to make an identical 4wt next season. 

Thanks, George!"





 





2 comments:

Brett said...

George, I received this rod yesterday. Even more stunning in person than in photos. Can't wait to get it on some NZ trout in a couple months. Thanks!

George said...

Great to hear Brett!! Would love to hear some more and see some photos from the NZ trip. Thank you and good fishing!