Thursday, November 22, 2012

Dan Craft FT9044

Here is a cool vintage looking rod built on the epic Dan Craft FT 9044 blank, old model. Dan has changed the FT line this year and this is possibly one of the last old FT's to see. The rod has amazing reserve power and very fast tip action. With just "of the tip casts" it loads easy in short and casts amazing distances if needed. This fellow here is a great all around trout rod or could be a tournament caster's dream rod. It's one of a kind and I would  allready call it a "classic".
Rod specs: 
Blank: DC FT9044
Handle: Flor grade cork modified full wells
Reel seat: Lemke uplocking dark nickel plated and maple burl insert
Winding check: Lemke blued diagonal knurl
Guides: Titanium carbide low profile snake guides and classic all metal stripping guide
Thread: Bronze silk&single metallic trims at ferrules and stripping guide
Hook keeper: classic strap and ring folding hook keeper
Price: 475$
Thanks for looking! This rod is SOLD.
 

3 comments:

George said...

A message from the rod's owner. I am humbled..."George, I received the rod today. Let me say, it is the most beautiful rod I have ever seen. Far superior to any Sage, or even the Scott M series. You really delivered. I'm sure when I get this rod out on the water you can expect more orders. Everyone I know will be jealous. Thank you so much. This is the rod I envisioned, I just didn't know anyone could still create one. I think this will be the beginning of a long relationship. I'm already thinking about the next one. You are the best. And thanks again. Ken."

Jay said...

Looks amazing!
I love the mini full wells grip.

Jay

George said...

Jay, i agree. It's great on those fast action rods, especially from 4wt. and above. Cheers!